The recognition of the first person of the company, as well as his active position on important public issues, can significantly strengthen the reputation of the business. So, how can the board of directors impact the company’s reputation?
How can strong networks impact the board of directors’ reputations?
Reputation is more important today than ever due to the growing number of laws governing business, as well as due to the growing competition. Corporate reputation is a “soft” concept within the organization’s governance. It is an overall assessment and implementation of management decisions and directors networks in which an organization goes through its internal and external paths, taking into account stakeholders based on its past actions and the likelihood of its future behavior.
The reputation is close to the concept of a socially responsible business. In the West, in recent years, the concept of “reputation” is increasingly associated with the concept of “social responsibility”. Corporations strive to prove to their corporate audiences that they are conscientious citizens of their country with a public interest.
The recent increase in attention to the problem of forming a positive reputation is not accidental. A positive business reputation becomes a prerequisite for achieving sustainable and long-term economic success. Many companies proudly declare that they have a positive reputation, others stubbornly defend the damage done to their reputation in court, and still, others sincerely consider reputation to be their competitive advantage.
Networking boards in creation corporate reputation
The function of managing reputation on the Internet should be also highlighted. Internet management reputation is a very time-consuming process. Any approach that is subtle and yet effective, will take at least three months before any progress is truly becoming noticeable. This includes many different strategies of board networking, which in turn include:
- Blogs – blogs that are updated every day;
- Directory Ads – Listing your website in directories using optimized keywords (SEO – promotion);
- Direct reviews – when you can hire specially trained people, write good reviews about the company on the sites;
- Online publicity – the cumulative effect of writing an article, creating an active link and
Each function can be used at a specific stage in the development of an organization, which should ultimately define reputation management, but it must also be unique to the organization. However, it should be noted that what works for one company may not work for another.
Board portal ensures better corporate image
The central thing to building and protecting reputation management is using reliable digital tools like board portals. It is a digital platform for managing business processes and ensuring better board collaboration.
Board software offers the following advantages to the board of director`s activity:
- Significant acceleration, reduction of errors and costs of the processes of preparation, conduct, and processing of the results of the work of collegial bodies;
- Convenient, intuitive interface, fast user training;
- Possibility of organizing effective correspondence work of collegial bodies and remote participation in meetings of collegial bodies;
- The ability to completely abandon paper carriers in the process of work of collegial bodies, for legally significant documents the ability to switch to the use of the electronic document system;
- Using the capabilities of the board portal to configure reports and dashboards without involving developers.
All these benefits can help to create a good reputation for the board of directors and also provide a powerful support solution to organize board meetings in an online format.